Thursday, 3 March 2011

Late Winter Light

Late Winter Light
I'm always exploring new ways of developing as I firmly believe that we should all be pushing ourselves to be better at what we do. That is easy said but for artists it is generally part of the creative drive. This year I am developing my expression and using the brush more spontaneously than ever before and this painting was one of those breaking points. I had been pushing myself for days almost getting to where I wanted to be but not quite achieving my goal. The midday winter sun looked glorious from my studio so I stuffed my camera in my pocket and went for a walk across the moor. I walk past this scene nearly every day but in that moment of intense creativity I suddenly saw the patterns of light and shade that I had been looking for. The painting was done in one sitting later that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment