Monday, 20 February 2012

Working with Acrylic

Acrylics are so versatile allowing you to layer over colours repeatedly but their downside is that they often look rather plastic and clean cut. My aim with acrylics is to pull away from the carefully painted plastic finish and instead to achieve something that is very spontaneous yet has the look of oil paint. Not an easy task but I think I am getting there. I am trying to do this with traditional acrylics on various different surfaces. My favourite is watercolour paper. I try to complete a painting in one go utilising lots of wet into wet and sloppy brushes full of paint. So far I have been using Winsor Newton artists acrylics which promise no colour shift from wet to dry. They are excellent paints however I am going to play around with the Golden open acrylics as they offer slower drying time. Please feel frr to leave any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment